Christmas Movies: A List of My Top 10!

The Christmas season involves many different things, depending on the person you ask. However, one thing I think most people can agree on is that at some point Christmastime involves one or more of their favorite Christmas movies. So, in light of that, I thought I’d provide a list of my favorite Christmas movies, so that you might enjoy them again or find a new one to befriend this time of year.

christmas movies

So, here they are! My Top Ten(ish) Favorite Christmastime Movies:

1. The Santa Clause

In my opinion, this is one of the greatest Christmas movies of all time. Tim Allen, as is usual, is hilarious. The fact that he must undergo the mindset of his becoming the new Santa Claus is a fascinating plot, one which the movie handles admirably. Not to mention, it’s an all-around feel-good film.

christmas movies

The Santa Clause–Click for IMDb info

2. The Year without a Santa Claus

When Christmas movies are talked about, it’s no surprise that the original Claymation films are mentioned (yes, it was around before Tim Burton). While all of the original movies of this caliber are great, The Year without a Santa Claus was always my favorite. And yes, it was mostly because of Heat- and Snow-miser’s songs.

christmas movies

The Year without a Santa Claus–Click for IMDb info

3. It’s a Wonderful Life/ Richie Rich’s Christmas Wish

It’s a Wonderful Life is a great movie, where he is shown what life would be like if he had never been born. If you’re wondering why this plot sounds so familiar, Even Stevens parodied it. It’s a really wonderful movie for this time of the year. However, it is an older movie, one in black-and-white. So, if that’s too much to handle, watch Richie Rich’s Christmas Wish. It’s pretty much the same thing in modern form.

christmas movies

It’s a Wonderful Life–Click for IMDb info

christmas movies

Richie Rich’s Christmas Wish–Click for IMDb info

4. Arthur Christmas

As this movie just recently came out, it’s possible not many have seen it, so you’re still unfamiliar with its magic. I’m not going to spoil it; I’m just going to suggest it. Watch it.

christmas movies

Arthur Christmas–Click for IMDb info

5. Rudolph’s Shiny New Year

Another of the great Claymation classics, Rudolph’s Shiny New Year is another great movie to watch. One of the best parts of this movie is Rudolph’s traveling to the New Years of the past. Yes, I guess this is kind of a New Year movie, but we’ll let it slide. Shh!

christmas movies

Rudolph’s Shiny New Year–Click for IMDb info

6. Mickey’s Once upon a Christmas

One of the best things about Mickey’s Once upon a Christmas is that it’s a combination of a bunch of different Disney stories, all of which culminate in Disney’s Christmas Carol. It’s a definite must-watch, especially if you’re a big Disney fan.

christmas movies

Mickey’s Once upon a Christmas–Click for IMDb info

7. Home Alone

Kid, at home, trapping burglars. End of story.

christmas movies

Home Alone–Click for IMDb info

8. The Muppet Christmas Carol

This is probably my favorite version of Christmas Carol. Michael Caine plays Scrooge, and the rest of the cast is made up of the Muppets. As is common for Henson, they don’t disappoint.

christmas movies

The Muppet Christmas Carol–Click for IMDb info

9. Love, Actually/ Four Christmases/ The Holiday

This is pretty much a general topic: quintessential Christmas Rom-Com. Any one will do, but these are the ones I suggest. If you’re more of a rom person, go for Love, Actually; if you deal strictly in the com, Four Christmases is a good choice; if you’re not sure which you are, The Holiday is a perfect mix of both.

christmas movies

Love, Actually–Click for IMDb info

christmas movies

Four Christmases–Click for IMDb info

christmas movies

The Holiday–Click for IMDb info

10. How the Grinch Stole Christmas/ The Polar Express

Honestly, I’m not a huge fan of either of these films, but they had to make the list in some form. The songs are good, at least…

christmas movies

How the Grinch Stole Christmas–Click for IMDb info

christmas movies

The Polar Express–Click for IMDb info

This is not by any means the universal list though. Let me know what your favorite Christmas movie is in the Comment Section below! And also, Happy Holidays to you!!!