Reflections of a College Senior

At this time of the semester I find myself counting all of my blessings. I’m finally wrapping up senior year of my undergraduate experience at D’Youville. I’m excited to take all the things that I have learned and apply them to my life.

hdr_graduation1What I’ve Learned

This last semester I’ve really learned how to be an even more outgoing person, to get to know others, and to learn to appreciate all the different gifts that people add to my life. Gifts aren’t just musical talents, being able to act or even knowing how to dance. Gifts are those things that when shared with others brings them happiness and positive attitudes that spread like wildfire.

DYC African Student Union & Black Student Union

This fall semester I played a very active role in DYC’s African Student Union, as well as the Black Student Union. I’ve met so many people that I normally wouldn’t have interacted with if I wasn’t part of either club. It was such a great experience.

Multicultural Affairs

Multicultural Affairs Office at Club Day

Contributing to the DYC Community

We organized so many different events this year alone and I’m really proud of both clubs for doing such great jobs.  They’ve added their mark to the D’Youville community and are making their presence known on campus.

My DYC Family

20131122_214555_resized_1

ASU & BSU sponsored PJ Party to raise money for local soup kitchens

Both clubs have been a great extension of a family for me on campus.  From
having fun discussions pertaining to upcoming campus activities, organizing bake sales to raise money, all the way to finding some peer support when the semester becomes unbearable.

The Added Benefit of Joining
Clubs…Friendship

It’s great to take a break from
the stresses of demanding schedules and find a club on campus with people who have like-minded goals and interests to keep you company. I began in both clubs, thinking that it would just be something I would do one day out of the week at designated times, but I ended up finding great friends throughout the process.

Thank You!

So in the spirit of the holiday season I would like to say that I am grateful for D’Youville College’s Black Student Union, African Student Union, and the Office of Multicultural Affairs.

Have you had any great experiences with the clubs and organizations on campus?  Let us know in the comments section below.