Elmwood Eats: Great Food near the D’Youville Campus

Buffalo has truly grown on me these years being at D’Youville. There are some great neighborhoods that I really love going to when I want to have some fun and eat some great food.

SushiTry Something New!

My favorite neighborhood would have to be the Elmwood village area. Food is the number one reason that I go to Elmwood. Actually food is my motivation to do a lot of things.

Blue Fin

BluefinOne of my favorite restaurants would have to be Blue Fin, it’s located on 765 Elmwood avenue. They have a great Spicy Tuna roll, and I just love their Harumaki.

Ice Cream in a Fried Crust?Yes!

I have to admit that I’m pretty set in my ways.  When I go there I usually order the same things, but it’s so delicious every single time that I just can’t help it! I would also recommend the Tempura Ice cream. It’s a great spin on a classic treat, vanilla ice cream in the center of a fried crust.

Yotality

When you’re on Elmwood don’t forget to stop at Yotality for some of the most creative frozen yogurt flavors, such as s’mores, salted caramel, and green tea ice cream. There are so many topping choices that you won’t be able to decide what to put on your yogurt!

YotalitySo Many Toppings!

yogurtThe toppings range from gummy bears, crumbed cookies, mochi, and various different kinds of nuts.  My favorite thing about Yotality is that their flavors change with the seasons. You’re bound to find something that reminds you of your favorite desert or treat for any particular season.

Indian Gate

Lastly you have to visit Indian Gate if you’re ever in the mood for something spicy. One of my favorite dishes to order from here is the Alu Mater Samosa.  This potato stuffed pastry with dipping sauces will have you wanting to order more.

india-gateIndiagatefood

Vegetarian-Friendly

My personal favorite main course would have to be the Fish Masala.  It’s served with fresh peppers, onions, tomatoes, and one of my favorite spices… CURRY. This dish is a must try, especially if you love your spices, like me. As a Pescetarian, I find it difficult to order off of a lot of menus, but the Indian Gate is very vegetarian-friendly.  You’ll definitely find a dish here that you’ll enjoy that’s within your diet preferences no matter what it is.

Elmwood for the Holidays 

UnknownThis time of year is a great time to visit the Elmwood village. It’s lit up with beautiful festive lights, gorgeous enough to turn any Grinch’s heart into butter.

Student Budget Friendly

So whether you’re looking to go on a date, enjoy the beauty of a very cultured neighborhood, or just got out for a day on the town, Elmwood village is the area that you want to be in.

Are there any restaurants on Elmwood that you would recommend?  Let us know in the comments section below!