D’Youville’s Runway

This past Friday night D’Youville hosted a very entertaining and professional fashion show. I needed a break from a long week of school work and this was an excellent way to start a weekend.

fashion show1

Many of the models in the show were current D’Youville students who did an excellent job displaying different fashion trends around the world. The Porter View Room was turned into a runway and the combination of dancing, singing, hip hop performances, and great clothes made for a great event. Refreshments and food were also served during this event.

fashion show2This was actually my first fashion show and I have to admit I am looking forward to another one soon. I enjoyed seeing the personalities and different cultures expressed through clothing and I was even more impressed that many of the designers are current college students.

fashion show4Clothing styles ranging from Italian to African and everything in between were displayed.   The fashion show was hosted by The Black Student Union who did spectacular job.